At PepsiCo Middle East and North Africa, Franchise Owned Bottling Operations, people from different backgrounds and experiences eagerly roll up their sleeves, pitch in and get to work. We share a desire to succeed, and to win! We get great satisfaction knowing that our ideas are not only championed, but they are acted upon and brought to life.
Our commitment to creating the best consumer products begins with our people.
This role will be based in South Africa
- Serve as the PepsiCo AMESA lead on EHS sector lead ensuring all sites are operating to legal, in addition to PEPSICO standards, for all aspects inclusive of wastewater discharge, ammonia, air emissions, chemicals, spills management, waste management and portable water.
- Drive implementation of EHS Environmental and EHS standards to ensure external certifications (14001 / 18001) are maintained
- Ensures compliance Scope of role covers all company owned plants ; sales/fleet/transport, R&D, Agro facilities, offices and DC’s.
- Lead the development of sector and BU strategy to ensure full legal and Pepsico compliance for the environmental agenda, detailing CAPEX, OPEX, operational changes and training plans over AOP and PSP
- Lead the development of environmental GEHSMS compliance improvement plans, to ensure external certifications (14001 / 18001) are maintained.
- Lead the development and implementation of improvement programs (for example FFP & MPC), and best in class delivery of environmental standards
Subject matter expert:
- Act as the Sector subject matter expert on all environmental related areas, risk assessments, processes and auditing
- Support BU in conducting and reviewing due diligence on brownfield, greenfield and land sales, ensuring full legal compliance
- Collaborate with PPGA to anticipate future regulatory trends, ensuring business ready implementation mitigation plans of the changes
- Develop critical competencies and training plans for BU environmental leads, standard owners, and auditors in the field to ensure compliance standards are delivered
- Collaborate with Global and other Sector EH&S resources to operationalize environmental programs, review and update Pepsico standards requirements
- Track and measure environmental performances through dashboard reports on legal compliance and PepsiCo conformances, notice of violations and action completions
- Actively review GEHSMS self assessments, Track and measure environmental performances through dashboard reports on legal compliance and Pepsico conformances, notice of violations and action completions
- Collaborate with BU and align on standardised deployments across the sector, ensuring replication of best practices and guiding prioritised improvement roadmap through gap analysis
- 10+ years’ experience in FMCG, Environmental compliance roles, BU or sector roles
- 5+ years ISO/OSHA GEHSMS auditing experience
- Project management skills drive for results
- Customer service mentality
- Change management experience coupled with good analytical abilities
- Ability to work cross-functionally, cross-geographically and across multiple cultures
- Strong internal and external communicator, written and verbal
- ‘lean’ Mindset with skills to drive streamline
- Ability to set and prioritise short, mid and long-term objectives.
- EHS graduate, or Bachelor of Engineering/ Science subject.